Happy December, this year has gone too fast! Christmas decor and holiday music is in full swing at our house, I love this time of year. November was a busy month of shopping with Small Business Saturday (cut short by a sick kiddo), Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Here are a few of my favorite finds.
- Beautiful and insanely versatile earrings from my cousin Sarah’s new boutique – Lizard Thicket Mesa. Check her out on Instagram, she can ship to you! Sarah is amazing at styling people so if you’re looking for a little help or a change in your wardrobe for the new year reach out to her and she will get you set up.
- While shopping in Decorah we popped into Dragonfly Books , and I found a couple books for Sumner, books are my favorite thing to buy for him…well maybe 2nd to clothes if I’m being totally honest. One of my favorites finds was “A is for Artichoke”. This book is set up with three levels of learning “Foodie basics, Build culinary curiosity, and Grow kitchen confidence.” This book is sure to teach me as much as it is him!
- Another small business find was Baby Balm. It is perfect for chapped cheeks in the raw winter wind, as well as diaper rash.
- Adorable stocking hat is from Harmony Gardens & Floral. Besides being super cute the inside is extra soft and cozy. I’m a fan off all things cozy all winter long.
- Speaking of cozy, I found myself with very few (if any) winter sweaters this year. Cyber Monday was the perfect time to find a few new additions and Abercrombie & Fitch is a weakness of mine. I hadn’t shopped there for a while thinking I was probably too old but I have found my new favorite jeans, high wasted and very comfortable. Along with a few super cozy sweaters I’ve linked below. Even after Cyber Monday A+F has continued to have really great sales, which is great as I cannot bring myself to pay full price.
- We have recently discovered the little man has wide feet, so Stride Rite shoes have been a new go to. These shoes are recommended by many for littles. I had heard of Stride Rite in the past however I became sold on them after reading an article on “American Foot Binding” which totally freaked me out and mad me want to be sure Sumner’s everyday shoes fit properly. I’ve been able to find a few good deals by shopping on PoshMark, the ones pictures here of from Zappos.
- Lastly, we took a family trip to Curtis Tree Farm, a favorite destination this time of year. We tried for a nice family picture but Sumner wasn’t having it, he’s much to busy to sit still for that! If you’re local I hope you find time to visit Curtis Tree Farm, if you have not already!