If you have a toddler you know how difficult it can be to get out the door in the morning and on your way to work. Here’s a few tips to make your morning go a little bit smoother:
1. Set out yours & your toddlers clothes the night before. If you read my toddler room organization post you know I plan several outfits at a time for Sumner, and I actually do the same for myself. What to wear is one of the last things I want to spend time thinking about in the morning.
2. Know your breakfast options. Again I don’t want to think about this during the chaos. I want to spend any extra time we have playing or reading.
3. Wake up an hour before your toddler. I know this may sound terrible as many of us moms are exhausted, and that extra hour in bed is super enticing. Trust me I know, my 20 month old is still waking several times a night and some days I simply cannot drag myself out of bed an hour earlier. But most days I do. And this time is SO NICE. I can have a glass of water without sharing, read without being interrupted, and get myself ready without little hands in my makeup or trying to curl my hair. Which brings my to my fourth tip.
4. Get ready before your toddler wakes. It goes so much faster! While Sumner’s help can be cute and enjoyable it really slows us down in the morning and he’s getting a little heavy and quick to hold while I try to draw a quick wing.
5. Lastly, pack your work bag the night before. One less thing to worry about in the morning and it gives you a few extra minutes to pay attention to your special little one.