Stop being busy. Stop hustling constantly. Stop skipping self-care.
Start using your time intentionally. Hustle when you need to. Take care of yourself.
As mom it is so easy to skip self-care because we spend so much time serving others. As a real estate agent I serve clients all day long then I come home to serve my family. Both of these things I love dearly. In the same breath I can say, I know myself enough that if I do not take time for my own self care I do not have the energy I want to pour into the other people that I want to serve and love.
Sometimes self-care is the little things. Taking a hot bath with a face mask and no interruption, ordering supper on Friday night from a local restaurant, taking a walk alone, doing my morning workout with Nourish Move Love, reading before anyone wakes up, or taking time in my journal. As I type these words they seem like the most simple things I should be able to do every day, but for me that is not the reality I don’t have the hours in the day to do all of these things every single day.
Other days self care for me as something more. It’s taking the time for an hour massage, getting my nails done, going on a coffee date with a friend (without our kids so we can have an adult conversation).
Whether it is little things are big things taking time for my own self-care fills my cup and makes me a better person. And I’m confident it will do the same for you.
I thought the results people were having from using Monat were a lie. I thought these were people not showing their real before pictures. I thought there were plenty of other good products. I thought I didn’t need Monat.
And then someone I knew in real life took the leap and started using Monat. I knew her results were real because I knew the woman I saw in the before pictures. This is when I became curious, when I started reaching out and asking questions, when I would fill my cart to sign up as a VIP only to exit out.
Then one day I decided, that’s enough, after all the results I’ve seen and questions I’ve asked I at least owe it to this woman and myself to TRY Monat. After all, there’s a 30 day money back guarantee so I really had nothing to loose. So I did it, I signed up as a VIP and started. I told no one, I didn’t want anyone to think I was nuts if my results weren’t there.
And then…the results showed up in a big way. The products were as amazing as so many women had been saying, they did produce real results, and the ingredients were healthy for my hair. I was in love. Next thing I knew I signed up as a Marker Partner.
If you’re doubting Monat, I get it. But take a moment to look at my real results. In areas I didn’t even realize I was thinning. I’ve always struggled to grow my hair past my shoulders but I thought I just had bad hair. Turns out the products I was using weren’t the best fit for my hair. And that’s where Monat came in and took the spotlight.
How often do you clean your makeup brushes? I used to do this religiously then along came Sumner and well I honestly don’t remember when I last cleaned mine.
The good news is you don’t need a fancy cleanser to clean your brushes! Simply use a gentle baby wash, for the last ten years I’ve used Johnson & Johnson baby wash to clean my makeup brushes. This was a tip given to me by a consultant at Ulta and it’s saved me tons of money. I’ve never bought a true brush cleaner marketed by the beauty industry. A few of my favorite brushes are 10 years old and still like new.
To get started fill a clean sink half full of lukewarm water, as the water fills add baby wash into the basin, about a tablespoon. Do NOT put soap directly on your brushes.
Gently swirl your brushes around to saturate them then rub them against your palm to agitate and remove built up makeup. Rinse with clean water.
I like brush them out on a clean hand towel to remove excess water so the brushes dry faster. Let your brushes sit overnight and they will feel like new in the morning! Note: It usually takes 12 hours or so for brushes to fully dry.
If you have a toddler you know how difficult it can be to get out the door in the morning and on your way to work. Here’s a few tips to make your morning go a little bit smoother:
1. Set out yours & your toddlers clothes the night before. If you read my toddler room organization post you know I plan several outfits at a time for Sumner, and I actually do the same for myself. What to wear is one of the last things I want to spend time thinking about in the morning.
2. Know your breakfast options. Again I don’t want to think about this during the chaos. I want to spend any extra time we have playing or reading.
3. Wake up an hour before your toddler. I know this may sound terrible as many of us moms are exhausted, and that extra hour in bed is super enticing. Trust me I know, my 20 month old is still waking several times a night and some days I simply cannot drag myself out of bed an hour earlier. But most days I do. And this time is SO NICE. I can have a glass of water without sharing, read without being interrupted, and get myself ready without little hands in my makeup or trying to curl my hair. Which brings my to my fourth tip.
4. Get ready before your toddler wakes. It goes so much faster! While Sumner’s help can be cute and enjoyable it really slows us down in the morning and he’s getting a little heavy and quick to hold while I try to draw a quick wing.
5. Lastly, pack your work bag the night before. One less thing to worry about in the morning and it gives you a few extra minutes to pay attention to your special little one.
If you haven’t been into Harmony Gardens & Floral lately, or ever, get over there! You are missing out on lots of great items, and wonderful gifts for the upcoming holiday season. Harmony Gardens & Floral is owned and operated by local couple Andrew & Lisa Kingsley. The couple purchased the business in 2016 and has been providing an awesome service to our community since!
As Small Business Saturday approaches it is the perfect time to take a moment to stop at Harmony Gardens & Floral. While Lisa makes gorgeous bouquets of anything you request the shop also has much more to offer, from quality toys to household decor there is an excellent variety that’s sure to please anyone. I tried to pick out a few of my favorites but had a hard time narrowing down my options, so instead below is a sample of all they have to offer: quality toys & books, gift bags & wrap, home decor, Falcon wear, and absolutely adorable Christmas decor.
Whether you’re looking for a gift or new holiday decor for yourself make Harmony Floral & Gardens one of your stops this Small Business Saturday!
^ These hats are super cozy!
Harmony Gardens & Floral can be found on the north side of Harmony on the west side Hwy 52.